Dragonara Casino understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.dragonara.mt (the “Site”), and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of the Site
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of the Site and/or when you use certain features of the Site.
“Personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
“We/Us/Our” means the brand Dragonara Casino and the website ( www.DragonaraOnline.com) is owned by Dragonara Interactive Limited, a Maltese registered company pursuant to section 77 of the Companies Act 1995, holder of company registration number C61707 with its registered offices situated at Dragonara Palace Dragonara Road, St. Julians.
The website is operated and managed by EveryMatrix Gaming Ltd., a company bearing registration number C92352, and having its registered address at Level 3, St. Julian’s Business Centre, Triq Elija Zammit, St. Julian’s, STJ 3155, Malta.
What Does This Policy Cover?
You have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organization)
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please Contact Us using the details provided under section 16 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you.
There are two types of data we collect
Data you give us:
- When using any of Our website’s products you will be asked to provide us with true, updated, and accurate information that will allow us to identify you. We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the website. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services. We collect your name and surname, date of birth, Residential Address, postal code, phone number, and email address. This data is processed for the purpose of player verification and KYC. The legal basis for this processing is our legal obligation to comply with anti-money laundering regulations and age verification requirements of the MGA.
- When you use payment services, we need to collect certain financial information like your (encrypted) payment card information as it is necessary to comply with applicable law such as anti-money laundering regulations and to process payments. Without it, you will not be able to use payment services.
- When you communicate with us, we collect your name, your email address, and any information about your communication. This data is processed for the purposes of providing you a support service and in order to maintain accurate records of the information that we have received from you. We may combine the information provided by you with other information about you which is available from publicly available sources that may be relevant to your use of the website, for the purposes of verifying your identity to prevent and detect crime and money laundering.
Data we automatically collect through your use of Our website:
- When you use Our website and the payments service, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of Our website and in preventing fraud
- When you access or use Our website, we collect information such as your IP address location, information about the device(s) and the browser you use, details of the web pages you have viewed. When payment services are used, we collect information related to payment transactions through Our website including payment types, time and dates, payment amounts, payment type expiry date, Email address, IBAN information and other related transactional details. This information is necessary for the provision of the payment services, to comply with applicable law and regulations (such as anti-money laundering regulations) and for anti-fraud monitoring purposes.
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our Site
- Supplying Our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you)
- Personalizing and tailoring Our products and/or services for you
- Replying to emails from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the base of emails or by emailing us directly requesting your email address to be removed from our mailing list)
- Market research
- Analyzing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, or post with information, news, and offers on Our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR.
Storing your data
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated safely and securely under the GDPR.
Do We Share Your Data?
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymized data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us).
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to perform the contract between you and us and to comply with applicable regulations and standards relating to gambling and gaming, anti-money laundering, taxation, payment processing, complaint handling, the need to prevent or detect crime or another misuse of our services, audit requirements and marketing purposes. Accordingly, the data Controller and/or the Payments Data Controller shall maintain your personal data for up to 10 years following the last data recorded by you. Where it is no longer necessary to process your personal data, it will be deleted or anonymized. Please note, however, that we may be subject to legal and regulatory requirements to keep your personal data for a longer period.
If you wish your data to be erased from Our database, please contact Us by email at [email protected].
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at [email protected].